SVN plugin inside a IDE ( Eclipse or Visual Studio ) is a great help for the developer.
Installation of SVN plugin inside Eclipse , I will use subversive plugin here .
1. Go to Help->Software Updates.
2. Click on the “Available Software” tab.
3. Unfold the Ganymede->Collaboration Tools node, and , you will see the “SVN Team Provider (Incubation)” item , “0.7.1.I20080612-1500″. What you really need is the version from 2008-08-01.
4. Click on “Manage Sites…”.
5. Uncheck the “Ganymede” checkbox (http://download.eclipse.org/releases/ganymede)
6. Scroll down to find “http://download.eclipse.org/technology/subversive/0.7/update-site/”, select it and click “OK”.
7. You should be back on the “Available Software” tab, with only the subversive items present. Note that the version identifier is “0.7.3.I20080814-1500″.
8. Check the box, and click”install”. The install will be change to an update. Restart Eclipse at the end of the install.
9. Go to “Help->Software Updates”.
10. Choose the “Available Software” tab.
11. Click the “Add Site” button, and add “http://www.polarion.org/projects/subversive/download/eclipse/2.0/update-site/”.
12. Check the SVNKit Connectors and click “Install”. Restart Eclipse at the end of the install.
13. Subversive should be working !
Installation of SVN plugin inside Visual Studio IDE
This is very simple just install AnkhSvn exe from the site
Install this exe and restart Visual Studio .
This will work on Visual Studio 2005/05/10.